Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's been a while...

So...I am still alive! :)

I just realized today, sitting down at my computer, that it has been over a month since I have posted something. -- My apologies. It just seems like it has gotten to the point where my day-in and day-out of my life really doesn't change all that much. Spring break ended up bein ga lot of fun. I spent 5 days with my roommate at her house and then I came back and celebrated Kirsten's 20th birthday with her! We threw a big party and introduced the Austrians to jello shots!

Since then, I've just turned into a student again. It seems like the last couple weeks it's just been test and presentations. And it will be like this for the next couple weeks. June should slow down a bit with just finals here and there, but not any presentations, which is nice. I'm still enjoying my time here in Graz, but I'm getting ready to come home. I miss my family and friends and anxiously awaiting to see their faces again. :) It will be sad to say goodbye to my friends here, but we're making plans to see each other again, so I know it's not a goodbye forever.

I've also realized in the past couple weeks here that I want to do my graduate study work in Cross Cultural Management. I find the field very interesting and very essential in the ever-changing, fast-paced globalization that is occurring. There's quite a few programs out East and specifically, there is one at University of Maryland that I'm going to look into. Hopefully I'll be able to find some sort of research assistant position and have my schooling to help be paid for.

I hope everything is going well back home! The weather has finally gotten nice here in Graz and it looks like it is finally getting nice back home! Have a great beginning of summer! I'll see you in less than 7 weeks! :)

3 comments:

  1. jeez i thought you where dead.......nice to hear you are still having a good time and learning, hard to believe it has been as long as it has, your not missing much here except family and friends, the world is still spinning and the moon and sun still set, I do have one surprise for you though when you get back,.....but you have to wait until you get back.....


    shaner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate
    Just a note to let you know we have enjoyed reading all about your European experience. Enjoy the rest of your time there and we look forward to seeeing you and hearing all about it when you get back. Take care
    Love
    Marty Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. your "travel-diary" is beautiful!!!
    now it's dec 10.. in exactly 3 month, Astrid and I will leave Austria to visit you. I can can can caaan not wait :)
    I love and miss you so much <3
    Michi

    ReplyDelete