Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break so Far

So, I am 6 days into my spring break and it really hasn't been boring at all. I resolved my issues with my wallet being stolen -- after cancelling all my cards and spending 2 hours at an Austrian police station. I got my new Uni Graz ID card, so now I don't have to always carry around my passport. At this point, I'm just waiting for my new credit/debit cards to arrive. Meanwhile, I have been enjoying Graz with my Austrian friends.

Saturday, I spend the day in the city drinking coffee and doing a bit of window shopping. Sunday, I went to the best little cake shop with my Austrian friends and then we watched a couple movies that night. Monday, I spend the day in the park and then had an Austrian BBQ. I knew that Austrian men could eat a lot of food, but this was about an hour and a half of boys eating. It was quite impressive. The food was really good. Tuesday and Wednesday were lazy days and today I went shopping at H&M. I got 3 new shirts and a dress for summer. I just cannot believe how cheap the clothes are at H&M. Not to mention, it is really nice having 2 H&M's about 5 minutes about from each other isn't bad either. I, then, went and had a smoothie with a girl on my floor.

I also realized today, that I need to go grocery shopping because everything -- including restaurants -- is closed all weekend because of Easter. A lot of places are actually closed through Monday because of Easter Monday. I don't know how people do this. What happens if you forgot to buy something for your Easter dinner and you don't realize it until Saturday???!!!

I don't have a lot of plans for the weekend. Tomorrow, I am cooking dinner with a friend and then the weekend will be full of surprises. I have about 100 pages of Austrian history that I have to read through. I suppose I could do that. (If I become motivated.)

Well, that's about it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather back home. It's warmer there than it is here. Have a great Easter!

1 comment:

  1. My Dear Munchkin,
    You can always visit us in Texas.
    It's nice and sunny here.
    Love,
    Grandpa & Grandma

    ReplyDelete